1965 Custom Jaguar 3.8S Coupe
AIRMET Metalworks and S.A.Y. Racing have restored and customized this amazing automotive work of art.
This exquisite car is possibly the only 2-door S-type in
existence! Custom built and restored by S.A.Y Racing,
every detail has been evaluated with a deep appreciation
for its vintage heritage along with the passionate vision of
This already irresistible vehicle has been beautified with the
sleeker lines of a coupe. Performance and handling
upgrades create the ultimate driving experience; offering
the driver old world style and class combined with modern sporting excitement.
In order to convert its original 4-door frame into a 2-coupe, various structural alterations needed to be designed and implemented. The front doors, window frames and trim were all stretched six inches. To complete the transition, the B-pillar was also relocated back six inches. The construction remains all steel. The brass trim was fully restored and chromed.
This cat is powered by a Jaguar 3.8 litre twin cam inline six and fitted with an independent rear suspension with a 3.77 ratio limited slip differential. For increased performance, the transmission was upgraded to an E-type 4-speed manual synchromesh transmission. And for improved handling, the old fashioned steering box was removed and replaced with modern “XJ” rack and pinion steering. For added reliability the original generator was converted to a negative ground Delco-Remy.
There are many original features which are also worth mentioning. The original mahogany dashboard has been fully refurbished and is accessorized with sleek toggle switches and a charming burl wood picnic tray. This tray may be displayed or slid back into the dash. Jaguar has several design features which contribute to the remarkably spacious fully carpeted trunk space. Set beneath the trunk, the spare tire sets in its own compartment. In addition, this car has two separate gas tanks which are set into the rear wheel wells along the sides of the trunk rather than encroaching upon space underneath.
Also spacious is the interior, boasting plenty of room to comfortably fit five full sized adult passengers. Still in wonderful condition are the original 1965 wire wheels with chrome plated solid brass knockoffs. Additional features such as chrome Jaguar buckles for every seat belt and chrome ash trays tie in the smaller details which further promote the finely polished image of this majestic machine.
Once all of the customization and restoration work was completed, this stunning car was finished in Jaguar Phoenix Red Eurothane. This distinguished feline has been awarded “2009 Best in Show”. This is an elegant vehicle, with nimble agility, a ferocious sound and quick speed which all synthesize the best of the sports car world with that of the luxury sedan. This custom classic is truly a great investment.
• Jaguar 3.8 litre twin cam inline six
• E-type 4-speed manual synchromesh transmission
• Independent rear suspension with 3.77 ratio limited slip differential
• “XJ” rack and pinion steering
• Delco-Remy alternator
• Dual Exhaust
• Factory four wheel disc brakes
• Cooper radial tires; 195/75R15
• Original 1965 unrestored wire wheels with chrome plated solid brass knockoffs
• All steel construction
• Brass trim; fully restored and chromed
• Paint: Jaguar Phoenix Red Eurothane
• Original AM radio
• Original steering wheel
• Mahogany dashboard, fully refurbished
• Burl wood picnic tray in dashboard
• Toggle switches on dashboard with original Smith gauges
• Front and rear vent windows
• Comfortably seats 5 passengers
• Grey cloth high-back reclining bucket seats and rear bench seat
• Black carpeting
• Seat belts with chrome Jaguar buckles
• Chrome ash trays
• Spacious trunk; fully carpeted
• Spare tire; full size matching wire wheel; sets beneath the trunk floor in its own compartment
• Two 7 gallon gas tanks located in the rear wheel wells
We are also willing to custom fit V-8 or V-12 at extra cost.